Recreation and Wellbeing Program Manager
BCC is seeking a program manager to provide planning and implementation coordination for the mobile recreation and wellbeing unit of Bastrop County Cares (Bastrop Care-A-Van). This position is responsible for the recurring programming, events and activities that will take place in a highly mobile format to the micro-communities of Bastrop County.
Project Coordinator – Equity Initiatives
BCC is seeking a dynamic individual to work closely with two Program Directors (Resilient Bastrop County Initiative and BCACH (Bastrop County Cares Accountable Communities for Health) in creating comprehensive action plans concerning support services, resources, and timeframes for each project.
Food System AmeriCorps VISTA
BCC is seeking an individual who will be responsible for supporting the community-based Bastrop County Cares food system collaborative. A food system is the interconnected network of everything that happens with food – where and how it is grown, distributed, sold, consumed, wasted, or recovered. This position will assist in gathering, analyzing and disseminating data and information that will drive programming implementation and affect system change.
Early Childhood Community Health Worker
BCC is seeking an individual with a deep desire to engage parents and caregivers to participate in activities with the Bastrop County Early Childhood Coalition, including initiatives, sub-committee work, and home visiting programs. Also, to facilitate delivery of information, parenting tips, community agency referrals, resource connections, and support to parents and caregivers of young children in order to improve outcomes for vulnerable children under 5 or entering kindergarten and their families.
Ethical Behaviors and Guiding Principles of Bastrop County Cares:
- We show a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- We always demonstrate ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- We establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- We speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- We look for opportunities to improve the operations of the organization.
- We work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- We seek to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- We assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- We determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- We assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- We think strategically by assessing options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
- We seek first to understand before asking to be understood.