BCEFP – Emergency Assistance
March 6, 2024 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
NOTE: services are closed from noon to 1 p.m.
Eligibility: An applicant must be a Bastrop County resident at least 18 years of age, a head of household and in need of food because an emergency:
- The household is 185% below the federal poverty guideline or a household that has a crisis situation
- Lost, stolen or delayed income check or SNAP benefits
- Natural disaster, such as fire and flood
- Illness, loss of income or disability
- No other support services are presently available to address food needs
Intake Process at the Food Pantry office is required at each visit. Eligible Households may receive repeat emergency food assistance after 30 days.
Intake Process: Walk-ins are welcomed. No appointment needed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.). Spanish translation available.
Assistance is available on the 1st Thursday of the month by appointment only.
SNAP application assistance is available by appointment only.
Documents Requested At Each Visit:
- Proof of identification (a photo ID such as driver’s license or State-issued ID card; or passport, foreign consulate ID, or a birth certificate)
- A current utility bill or other official business mail as proof of Bastrop County residency. If you are homeless, please inform the the Intake Coordinator